Automotive service and industrial operations need to manage used motor and engine oil quickly, affordably and without disruption. With Terrapure, you can trust that we will be on time and out of the way, so you can focus on your business while we give your used oil new life.
What We Do
Through our national network, Terrapure collects, processes and recycles used motor and engine oils and related wastes from virtually any industry. Our patented re-refining process transforms waste oil into premium-quality base oils and industrial and automotive lubricants.
We collect, process and recover valuable resources from:
- Used engine lubricating oils
- Oil and air filters
- Glycols and solvents
- Oily rags/absorbents
- Plastics (containers)
- Paint gun fluids
- Parts washer fluids
- Lead-acid batteries
Where waste oil is not suitable for re-refining, we also provide treatment and recovery of BTU value for:
- Asphalt production
- Carrier for explosive production
- Cavern cap application and solutions
Industries We Serve
- Branded and independent gas stations and automotive service centres
- Branded and independent fast oil change shops
- OEM automotive dealerships
- Transportation, Fleet & Heavy Equipment
- Trucking, bussing and other heavy transport companies
- Government and institutional fleet operators
- Mining and other heavy industries
- Recycling companies
- Pulp & paper industry
- Refineries/oil & gas companies
- Fuel distributors
Why Work With Terrapure?
- Cost-effective, one-stop service
- In addition to managing used oil, we also collect other automotive waste, such as oil filters, plastics, rags, glycols, solvents and batteries
- We can supply you with recycled lubricants and other waste management products, such as used oil receptacles, parts washers and absorbents
- Corporate profile building
- We provide promotional materials to display in your facility to showcase your environmental responsibility to customers
- Environmental protection
- Collecting used oil eliminates risk of it entering and harming the natural environment
- Re-refining oil uses a smaller carbon footprint than producing it from virgin crude
How Are Base Oils Re-refined?
- Prior to refining, Terrapure tests all used oil to ensure its suitability.
- Basic refinery processes of dehydration, defuelling, distillation and hydrotreating are repeated to return the base oil to its original state.
- Dehydration, defuelling and vacuum distillation remove water, fuel, contaminants and any remaining additives.
- The hydrotreating stage is identical to that of conventional refining, and reduces the aromatic content, acidity, carbon residue, sulphur, and nitrogen.
- The results are base oils with a higher concentration of saturates, improved oxidation, stability, colour, antioxidant response and viscosity/temperature characteristics.
- Base oils are sold to lubricant blenders, ranging from major oil companies to small, independent blenders.
Re-refined Base Oil For Re-refined Businesses
We don’t just recycle used oil; we re-use it.
Advanta is our brand of premium-quality, re-refined base oils that we manufacture into motor oil, heavy-duty engine oil and industrial lubricants.
Using re-refined base oils is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint, without sacrificing quality or performance. Our unique, closed-loop process allows us to produce oils that are consistent in meeting or even exceeding industry specifications—without drilling for new crude oil. You can rest assured that our products are rigorously tested and undergo final hydrotreating for a stable, refinery-grade end product.